Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Siete

In the 3 1/2 years I have owned my 1996 pick-up truck, I haven't had any major problems with it... You guessed it--until today!

So my truck won't start. It sounds like it wants to, but then shuts off. "Yeah, Kris, I'll start up like normal... wait... almost... JUST KIDDING!" In explaining what was wrong to my dad, who is technically the owner of the vehicle, I actually said, "Dad, it's teasing me--it has no real intention of starting!"

That's when I realized that I need to take an automotive class of some sort, because today I was totally useless. (I did pop my hood successfully... only to realize I had no idea what I was looking at.) I also realized today that I haven't spent much time befriending mechanics the past few years. Bad choice on my part.

I think the best part of this whole situation is that when I parked my truck, I parked in a space on the ramp of the parking garage and the guy next to me was crooked, so I had to park crooked as well... so now, since the other guy is gone, I'm the awkward crooked truck in the garage... and I can't fix it... and there is a good chance we're going to have to push it out to get it towed. ("We" being the four or five people I will recruit to help me.)

I laugh as I picture the fiasco this could turn out to be. Oh my.

"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." - Woody Allen

No comments: