Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cinco

I am a good waitress.
I am not a good chef.
Or fry cook.
Or even microwave-oven-user on some days.

One of my goals this year was to cook one new dish every week in an effort to save money and develop some experience with cooking.

I have friends who were high school sweethearts. They dated for three years and got married after their first year of college. In discussing why I needed to learn how to cook, we concluded that since I didn't find my husband prior to my adult years, I am now required to have skills of some sort. A lack of kitchen knowledge could cost me. (And really, it isn't so much a lack of knowledge that I currently suffer from, it's a fear of failure and poisoning people.)

The dorm got a new stove today. I feel like I can take part of the credit for the new stove, because I put a suggestion in the suggestion box every time I worked for a few weeks. Also, suggestions that weren't mine were probably incited by me.

Thus, my quest to become a more well-rounded individual and gain basic adult skills continues.

No comments: