Saturday, December 6, 2008

Diez

In retrospect, I should've made my blog names Spanish letters, not Spanish numbers. I never learned the Spanish alphabet, or at least it never made its way into my long-term memory. My freshman year in high school I learned a Spanish alphabet song, but it was an echo song where the class echoed the teacher. Once I left his class, I no longer knew what I was doing. Though I struggle to remember the verses I've forgotten, I know they've left me forever. I only hope I never have to spell something important in a Spanish-speaking country.

That was a fun class. I went to Europe that year with a group of students and my Spanish teacher. I got lost in Rome and it was one of the scariest adventures of my life. But I did eat the most delicious pizza ever. And far too much gelato.

Also in that Spanish class, I learned that it is perfectly acceptable to copy someone else's homework and in-class assignments as a way to learn a foreign language, as long as you make sure they are not an idiot.

No comments: