Saturday, May 22, 2010

39: Coffee Shops

People don't go to coffee shops for the coffee. Making coffee at home is faster, more convenient, and far more economical. It's silly, really, to go somewhere else and spend significantly more money on something you can easily create in your own kitchen.

I think people go to coffee shops for the atmosphere, or at least I do. There are few things I find as calming and enjoyable as spending the afternoon at a local coffee shop. It's a change of environment, there are people around, the aroma is intoxicating, and I can't imagine a more appropriate playlist than what I am hearing right now.

And as I sit here, enjoying my vanilla latte with the foam art on top, typing the next update letter for my supporters, the song "Let it Be" begins to play. I just wouldn't rather be anywhere else at this moment. Despite the caffeine boost, I feel peaceful. I am away from the hustle and bustle that exists outside, but not isolated. Just here. And calm. And smiling.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Yay coffee shops! And free wi-fi, except for gaming, but as a last ditch effort it's ok, I'm not bashing wi-fi, but if you're a serious gamer you bring a 100ft ethernet cable and ask to plug it into the router in the back.