Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thirty-Six: Waking Up

It's no secret that I'm not a morning person. I do not enjoy waking up. I never have, but recently, as I've acknowledged the value of sleep, it is even more bothersome having to get up. Sometimes it's because I haven't slept enough. Other times it's because I'm instantly overwhelmed at all the day will bring. Some days I just feel sick and can't imagine doing thinks like eating breakfast. In any case, waking up is pretty much the worst part of my day. Every day.

But I think that gives me an interesting advantage in life.

When I wake up, that is the worst I will feel all day. Things are not going to get worse than that disoriented, head-achey, sleepy, nauseous feeling that I get when I roll out of bed. I've got nowhere to go but up [I'd really like to do that someday]. So really, the rest of my day is welcomed with open arms. It's just those first ten minutes or so that are kind of a pain in the neck.

1 comment:

Tim Suddarth said...

Definitely evening church when we get to the Midwest.