Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Veinticinco

I wrote this in my online journal when I was 15 (a sophomore in high school). I was somewhat contemplative and maybe even a little bit insightful.

"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away. The problem is, we expect huge, miraculous, sparkly, perfect things to take our breath away, and often times that just doesn't happen. The alternative is opening our eyes to the small, simple, wonderful things that happen every day. Allowing the little things to make us happy ultimately benefits us in the long run, because we learn to stop expecting so much and taking things in stride. Then, when the huge, miraculous, sparkly, perfect things do happen, they're that much more amazing. Seeing things in a positive light, and smiling at the small stuff, it's all a choice. Happiness is a choice. Even when things are tough, we can smile because inevitably something good will follow. We just gotta watch for it. There is beauty in everything around us, but sometimes we're so wrapped up in the yuckish, we don't notice it."

Aside from strange adjectives and the obvious cliche, I don't think I've dropped this attitude.

Regardless of whatever life throws at us, there is always something good.
I have to believe that.

1 comment:

dameyer said...

you are an incredible individual person, kris.