Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Veintidós

Tattoos have always interested me. I understand that it isn't everyone's "thing" and that a lot of people dislike them, which is fine, but I think they're fascinating. Hearing people's stories about their tattoos and seeing original artwork never ceases to capture my attention.

Today I got my second tattoo. My first was done two years ago and was relatively painless, except for the bottom edge which goes over my ankle bone. I didn't think too much about that pain when I decided to get the next one on the top of my foot. As the artist began outlining with the needle, I realized something. I believe my exact words were, "So apparently there are a lot of bones in the foot..."

Google has informed me that in fact, there are 26 bones in the human foot, which, let's face it, is pretty cool. (http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1998-08/897679960.An.r.html)

In any case, the tattoo turned out better than I expected. Also, because it hurt so much, I'm not too eager to get another one anytime soon. Everyone wins.

No comments: