Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dieciocho

Although there is almost always a song stuck in my head, I am exceptionally bad at remembering lyrics. I have to go through and read them/sing along at least four or five times before I remember them, and I usually don't have that kind of time on my hands.

Fortunately, it's summer.

Since The Hush Sound is the band I've been listening to most recently, I decided to at least investigate the lyrics to one of their catchy songs (so I can sing along in the car).

As it turns out, it's kind of a sad song. These are the lyrics to the chorus:

As you cry, I wanna lie
Say I love you so, darlin' even though I don't
There's no easy way, to ease the pain
Roses and the tulips have
Withered away, they had their day
So it's time to say goodnight and goodbye

I found the upbeat and cutesy sound to be ironic matched with these lyrics. (Originally I thought it said, "I don't wanna lie, I love you so" which would make sense with the melody. Nope.)

In any case, it's a great song. You should listen to it.
Here's a link to a low quality YouTube video of them at one of their shows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdc4G072vNM

No comments: